Monday, June 11, 2012

Destination Weekend: June 9-10

Cliffs, coastline, climbing, shopping and organic food. Weekends in Italia are my favorite. I'm still awe-struck at everything I saw and experienced. The beauty of the landscapes and structures, combined with all the adventures we undertook, made for an extraordinary weekend.

It's Monday afternoon, and it feels like I was gone for a week at least because of everything that was packed into one weekend. Having noted that, I plan to write multiple pieces about this past weekend, which might take some time (both for the blog and class assignments.) I have to sort out my thoughts in order to successfully document it all through writing and pictures. I only took over 1000 pictures this weekend, so organizing and editing those should be fun.

In the mean time, here's an overview:

Saturday, we headed to Cinque Terre for the day--easily the most gorgeous place I've ever experienced. The day was full of relaxation on the beach, hiking on sea rocks and taking in the beautiful scenery. I had two great meals while visiting: at lunchtime, I had stuffed mussels and for dinner, I had something comparable to a chicken gyro. We visited all five coastal towns, and then arrived back in Florence around 9 p.m. 

Sunday was the Best of Tuscany Tour. We visited Sienna, an organic country farm, San Gimignano and Pisa, all in one day. Tuscany is filled with rolling hills of green vineyards and wild flowers. While traveling, I saw the oldest working bank, learned about the traditions of horse racing and neighborhood rivalries, experienced an organic meal and wine tasting, ate world champion gelato and yes, climbed the tour of Pisa.

I will never forget this weekend. I saw and experienced things that will be with me forever. I can't wait to write more about it and edit all my pictures.

More posts to come...Ciao!  

No comments:

Post a Comment